1. You are not allowed to have any other God except the ONE TRUE GOD
2. You cannot practice any form of Idolatry - worship or honour anything or anyone more then God.
3. You must not take the Name of the Lord in vain- this would include curse words.
4. Remember to keep the Sabbath day Holy - Live holy lives that honour the Lord. Jesus teaches us that every day is to be Holy - not just a single day in the week or year.
5 We must honour our parents especially in the Lord. At the very least we should forgive our parents when we have need to.
6. We are not to kill each other. This includes the thoughts of hatred.
7. We must not do adultery - any sexual activity outside of marriage. Whether this is culturally acceptable or not.
8. We are not to steal
9. We are not to give false (lying) witness
10. We are not to covet - desire & long for things that belong to other people.
Our problem is that all of us without exception have broken one, some or all of these ten commandments - this is called SIN and we have all sinned and come short of the glory of God. If we are brutally honest with ourselves we will admit that we have a guilty conscience. A conscience that constantly reminds us that we have failed to do what we ought to do. We know, deep within ourselves, what is right and what is wrong. Every person has a conscience. Nobody has, of themselves, a completely clear and clean conscience. There are far reaching consequences to this situation.
BUT THERE IS HOPE!