Zachariah Vision 3
The Builder and His Blueprints
This is Zachariah’s third vision.
God continues to encourage the prophet as to his plan to build.
So see this video link: http://youtu.be/eQuduvAUhi0
Zec 2:1-13 KJV
(1) I lifted up mine eyes again, and looked, and behold a man with a measuring line in his hand.
(2) Then said I, Whither goest thou? And he said unto me, To measure Jerusalem, to see what is the breadth thereof, and what is the length thereof.
(3) And, behold, the angel that talked with me went forth, and another angel went out to meet him,
(4) And said unto him, Run, speak to this young man, saying, Jerusalem shall be inhabited as towns without walls for the multitude of men and cattle therein:
(5) For I, saith the LORD, will be unto her a wall of fire round about, and will be the glory in the midst of her.
(6) Ho, ho, come forth, and flee from the land of the north, saith the LORD: for I have spread you abroad as the four winds of the heaven, saith the LORD.
(7) Deliver thyself, O Zion, that dwellest with the daughter of Babylon.
(8) For thus saith the LORD of hosts; After the glory hath he sent me unto the nations which spoiled you: for he that toucheth you toucheth the apple of his eye.
(9) For, behold, I will shake mine hand upon them, and they shall be a spoil to their servants: and ye shall know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me.
(10) Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion: for, lo, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of thee, saith the LORD.
(11) And many nations shall be joined to the LORD in that day, and shall be my people: and I will dwell in the midst of thee, and thou shalt know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto thee.
(12) And the LORD shall inherit Judah his portion in the holy land, and shall choose Jerusalem again.
(13) Be silent, O all flesh, before the LORD: for he is raised up out of his holy habitation.
He sees a man with a measuring line and discovers, after he asking him about his mission, that this man is going to a survey the site of Jerusalem. He is going to measure the length and the breadth of Jerusalem with his measuring line.
This man is Jehovah the Son, the Messiah, who plans his own house and city of habitation.
The planning of men must cease. God will build his church. “I will build my church” is a tactic way of telling us to cooperate rather than imagine we the master builders.
[KJV] Matthew 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
The angel that talked with Zachariah, the interpreting angel, left Zachariah with the intention of getting a further message but another angel came from the man with the measuring line to meet the interpreting angel. He is told to run and convey his message to Zachariah.
The setup is one of haste. God’s servants must neither creep nor walk. God would have us know that the gospel must run and be glorified. Philip, the evangelist, ran and joined himself to the chariot. We must obey with speed. The spirit of the verse is that the building of the city is not to be delayed. God would have us plan and labour for spiritual, scriptural unity. Are we content to fit in with the status quo and trust that this unity will come in its own good time?
MAN’S PLANS MUST BE PUT ASIDE.
WE MUST COOPERATE WITH GOD NOW.
The message was a faith vision of the future. A promise of great increase of men and cattle, and Jerusalem was going to be as a town without walls.
This message points directly to Jerusalem having no divisions. There should be no sectarian divisions. No internal walls. Although the wall of unity was to be built there was going to be no walls of division. Cattle would increase. Cattle are a type of service. The new worship order would be distinguished by numerous assemblies and no limited one man ministry. It was going to be the body functioning in body ministry ministered to by the body ministry of ascension (called by God) ministers. The body would function in this unified state. God, himself, would be a wall of fire around about the work. The spiritual anointing would break the yoke and the fire of the Holy Ghost would protect. Also, God’s glory would be manifest in the midst of that united body. The glory of God has its fullest expression in raising Jesus from the dead. The spirit of glory is that resurrection spirit. We are in touch by the Holy Ghost with the resurrection and the life.
The new order embraces multiplication, service for all, protection from the foes without, and a powerful life and glory within. It is the Messiah indwelling his holy habitation.
The faith vision however must be realised.
Ho! Ho! Come forth.
A mighty, urgent and vigorous cry goes out to the remnant, who, as yet, has not returned, to come from the cold sunless north back into their warm and subtropical home. In fact God, who has, in wrath, scattered them to all places now, in favour, declares he is able to gather them back into unity from all places.
But they must respond, for it is not irresistible grace, but grace willingly received that world draw them back.
Zion must deliver herself, for her very name implies that she has no right to be with Babylon or to be motivated by Babylonian is principles. She should be God’s fortress and not the sister of the devils order of things.
There were some reasons why Zion should return
1. There were special blessings now to be enjoyed in the land.
2. Babylon was soon to revolt and terrific judgement was to come upon her.
Come out from among her my people and be not partakers of her sins.
[KJV] Revelation 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
There is an insistent call to God’s people to get together in true spiritual unity and worship. God is now moving for unity with the word of God and we must obey. The time of captivity is over and we must deliver ourselves. God, who scattered because of sin and rebellion, now sees the broken, humbled and willing state which merits restoration.
God will not irresistibly move us to true spiritual unity; we must plan and cooperate for it.
The Babylonian-ish estate of the church must be revolted against as our disgraceful bondage. Also, God’s judgements will come severely upon Babylon and beware that we are not involved by being too tardy in our obedience.
Darius punished with great wrath the revolting the Babylon.
The Jews were tardy to return under the following heads.
1. Unbelief. They did not believe God’s promises relative to the restoration after the 70 years captivity. So long as leaders tell their people that the exact fulfilment of John 17 is not possible and that the Acts church government pattern today is not advisable – unbelief will delay God’s programme or later rob us of our part in it.
Believe God is able to affect unity by his wonderful wisdom and grace
2. The land was waste and surrounded with bitter foes. Unity is not in evidence around us and requires hard work and the opposition looks strong. Yet we must move in faith Satan will oppose such a move to the greatest extent possible for it is the most glorious move of the church and will consummate the age. God has promised not to let the difficulties deter.
Three. The Jews were suspicious of the liberty given by Cyrus and Darius, as if those monarchs designed suddenly to crush them. The opportunity for spiritual unity seems too good to be true. The devil has deceived us in the past, our confidence has been misplaced – hence be cautious. There will be misfits and setbacks but the decree to build has gone forth and we must push on with that task knowing that the supreme power of God is with us and reject those who are deceitful in their cooperation.
Four. The Jews has stayed a long time in Babylon and their remembrance of their own land was to a degree obliterated.
We have dwelt so long in association with Roman-ish principles that the memory of any other system is forgotten. However we have the New Testament pattern of the word of God and the Holy Spirit will enable us to return to it and manifest the word of wisdom and the spirit of prophecy.
The pattern for government is in the book of Acts. It can be followed.
Five. There was wellbeing and seeming security in the land of their captivity. A ruined temple and a wasteland were before them. The parting from homes, acquired possessions, a long journey and the transfer wives and children all boded ill for the pioneers. They would not leave under these conditions. Yet the Laodicean loiterers rich and increased with goods are to be spewed out of his mouth.
It was base ingratitude and wicked disregard of God’s extraordinary favour to remain as slaves in Babylon.
Anyhow, after the glory of God was to be manifested at Jerusalem, upon the faithful remnant, God was going to judge their enemies. He could do nothing with the Sodom while Lot remained in it. And the obedience of Israel had to be fulfilled before he would avenge disobedience.
Hence, before a powerful revival is possible and our satanic oppressors disbursed and defeated, we must return and spiritually unite with the vision of the word of God.
God also states that the believing remnant is most precious to him. The very apple of his eye and they will be very sure of jealous care and precious intimate communion which will compensate all those sacrifices.
In verse nine, God will visit judgement on their foes and they will be spoil for to the Jews who before were their slaves.
We cannot expect Roman Catholic and other historic churches to just flow into the Pentecostal blessings without changing those blessings. Actually the Pentecostal saints have flocked into the historic churches or become snared in fables, teachings of men & science falsely so called; this has seen the biblical teachings of the spirit filled doctrine change beyond all recognition. And we have seen that happen absolutely since the 1970′s so that the once pure doctrine of the Pentecostal experience has been changed and polluted by modern Bible verses and dubious practices. This sad state will continue while ever we adopt their principles of government and management. Leaders have tried to stir people to give to the work of the Lord. First to go was the concept of tithing, next to come was the highlighting of needs & projects and now we have selling of church services & products. We are becoming more & more like the corporate world with our investments and tax breaks. Compared to the example in the New Testament it is a disgrace. Let us unite in true biblical worship and under God’s spiritual control and God will give them to be our spoil.
The daughter of Zion is promised that the Lord is coming to dwell in her midst. This is his first coming which followed on this minor restoration. So the Lord will dwell in the land – in the midst of his church when we have restored spiritual and scriptural unity and worship. Christ is the sent one of God. He has come; is coming and will come yet in visible form.
In choosing Jerusalem AGAIN we see second coming promises. The natural and the spiritual order of things is developing together
Finally, as the prophet contemplates the full restoration of God’s power, he commands all the enemies of the Lord to be still. So shall all flesh be overruled and crucified as he takes control of the united biblical spiritual church. He will rise up to minister in great power to save and then to judge through a united church
Hence we see the Christ, who goes forth to measure – who plans this church, finally taking up his abode with power in that which he has perfected for himself. Enemies are routed and the remnant in full possession of their possession.
What a day to live for.
Watch the video at: http://youtu.be/eQuduvAUhi0