The visions of Zachariah
To see the video link: http://youtu.be/ukVB4BK418M
The Intercessor among the Myrtles
Zachariah had nine visions given to him in one night to encourage Judah to continue with the temple building projects; the temple, the city wall, the restoration of Jerusalem and all the cities of Judah.
Zec 1:7-17 KJV
(7) Upon the four and twentieth day of the eleventh month, which is the month Sebat, in the second year of Darius, came the word of the LORD unto Zechariah, the son of Berechiah, the son of Iddo the prophet, saying,
(8) I saw by night, and behold a man riding upon a red horse, and he stood among the myrtle trees that were in the bottom; and behind him were there red horses, speckled, and white.
(9) Then said I, O my lord, what are these? And the angel that talked with me said unto me, I will shew thee what these be.
(10) And the man that stood among the myrtle trees answered and said, These are they whom the LORD hath sent to walk to and fro through the earth.
(11) And they answered the angel of the LORD that stood among the myrtle trees, and said, We have walked to and fro through the amyrtlesearth, and, behold, all the earth sitteth still, and is at rest.
(12) Then the angel of the LORD answered and said, O LORD of hosts, how long wilt thou not have mercy on Jerusalem and on the cities of Judah, against which thou hast had indignation these threescore and ten years?
(13) And the LORD answered the angel that talked with me with good words and comfortable words.
(14) So the angel that communed with me said unto me, Cry thou, saying, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; I am jealous for Jerusalem and for Zion with a great jealousy.
(15) And I am very sore displeased with the heathen that are at ease: for I was but a little displeased, and they helped forward the affliction.
(16) Therefore thus saith the LORD; I am returned to Jerusalem with mercies: my house shall be built in it, saith the LORD of hosts, and a line shall be stretched forth upon Jerusalem.
(17) Cry yet, saying, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; My cities through prosperity shall yet be spread abroad; and the LORD shall yet comfort Zion, and shall yet choose Jerusalem.
In this first vision he sees a man mounted on a red steed riding swiftly along and eventually taking up a position amongst some myrtle trees growing in a shady river bottom. Behind this man are angelic beings mounted on various coloured horses indicating the various ministries of God’s angelic servants – Some to judge, some to bless & others with the mixed ministry of chastening.
There, these angelic servants report to the man amongst the myrtles, they report that there is a state of carnal security, ease and prosperity amongst nations.
This man, an angelic manifestation of the second person of the Godhead, is standing amongst the myrtles. This is beautifully symbolic of Jehovah the Son ministering in the midst of his restored & redeemed creation.
Instead of the briars & thorns – the myrtle trees, delighting to grow by the river banks of the Holy Spirit, have sprung up & flourished.
The angel of the covenant, upon hearing the report of the ease of the heathen, immediately intercedes for Judah: the temple and Jerusalem. He intercedes that the time of judgement was fulfilled and now the Lord of Hosts is entreated to do them good. Immediately his prayer is heard, the Father always hears the Son.
Comfortable words – words of peace – spoken to the prophet: Jerusalem is to be built, the temple finished and Judah filled with cities. (I love this phrase “comfortable words – words of comfort) [KJV] Zechariah 1:13 And the LORD answered the angel that talked with me with good words and comfortable words.
Spiritual worship, spiritual unity with growth and spiritual prosperity are promised and prophesied.
The word of the Lord did indeed come to pass. Spiritual worship (the completed temple) unification (the completed wall) multiplication (growth of the cities) was hence ensured upon the intercession of Jehovah – Jesus – for his people’s welfare. There was no promise of further ease for the heathen.
These days in Australia are ones of carnal security for the unsaved. Peace, prosperity, good wages, abundant food, good prices and multiplied pleasures are on every hand. Australia is faring reasonably well against the tragedies of the rest of the world.
Thus, we can report to God, the state of the unbelieving and he will be sore displeased to see the poverty and backwardness of his work set over against the flourishing state of the wicked.
God is a jealous husband and will see to it that his wife, the Church of Christ, moves into better times. In a lowly depressed, but dependent, state she is to continue to partake of the waters of the Spirit and of the word of God – he will intercede.
The intercession is threefold.
1. Completion of his house – this points to the full evangelism of the world but also to the restoration of true Holy Ghost worship, The exaltation of the sacrifice of the saviour and the appointed God ordained ministry in place, supported by tithes and offerings (rather than business principles and projects) and ministering the apostolic doctrine.
A) True God appointed oversight
B) True doctrine the word of God
C) True atmosphere the spirit of God
D) True sacrifice – the cross – identity & Fellowship with the cross and the resurrection.
2. Next Jerusalem was to be built and the wall constructed around it. This speaks of a spiritual unification. Many are satisfied with the form of unity in the body but the body, spiritually, is one body sharing the same doctrine, purposes as they are outlined in the word of God. This spiritual godly unity is to be prayed for.
3. The cities of Judah will be built. This stands for multiplication, the expansion of God’s cause is guaranteed with true worship and spiritual unity.
We can be encouraged if we see the heathen at ease, for it will
1. Stir the jealousy of God for the church
2. Stir the intercession of the Son to lay hold for mercies
3. Result in the spirit pouring forth good and comfortable words for His people
We – the lesser priests with Jesus must pray in tune with his will. Now is the time to pray because the heathen are at rest.
Things have that must be prayed for:
A. An outpouring of a spirit to create true and real worship.
B. Restoration of apostolic teaching including the work of the cross, the resurrection and the heavenly Ministry of the Lord Jesus Christ as our great high priest administering in heaven.
C. The right Ministry and oversight must function within the body of Christ.
D. Spiritual unity in faith and doctrine must be sought.
E. A growing in the work of God must be expected.
Remember that the Lord, as the intercessor in the midst of a humble spiritual restore people, will be the inspirer and Minister of all this.
To see the video link: http://youtu.be/ukVB4BK418M